Session 1 Review: (chapters 1 & 2)
- Students should be able to perform arithmetic operations to integers and fractions.
- Students should be exposed to necessary vocabulary. (Create notes where students write vocabulary-Look at my example for Anticipation guide)
- Solving two step and multi-step equations and inequalities
Session 2 Functions: (chapters 3 & 4)
- Know the definition of a function and determine whether 2 sets of data represent a function
- Formulate graphs of functions: linear functions, quadratic functions, etc.
- Evaluate functions from their graphs.
- Identify the inputs and outputs of functions.
- Introduce the domain and range of a function.
Session 3 Linear Functions: (chapters 3 & 4)
- Student must be able to identify and calculate a linear function and its growth rate (slope) and initial value (y-intercept).
- Able to graph linear functions based off of rise/run.
- Calculate the slope.
Session 4 Linear Equations Continued: (chapters 3 & 4)
- Slope Intercept Form
- Point-Slope Form
- Graph Linear Functions
- Parallel and Perpendicular functions
Session 5 System of Equations: (chapter 5)
- Solving systems of equations by graphing and shading.
- Solving linear systems by substitution
- Solving linear systems of equations by elimination
- Identifying point of intersection
- Quiz and HW
Session 6 Exponential Functions and Sequences: (chapter 6)
- Properties of exponents
- Radicals and rational exponents
- Solving exponential equations
Session 7-8 Quadratic Functions/ Factoring: (chapters 7, 8, & 9)
- Identifying and formulating quadratic functions in intercept form and vertex form
- Factoring quadratic functions
- Graphing quadratic functions