Lesson 1: An investigation into Points, Lines and Planes.
- Define what a point, a line and a plane.
- Define segment, endpoint, ray and Opposite Rays.
- Define What a Postulate is.
- Introduce Postulate 1: through any two points there is exactly one line.
- Postulate 2:Through any three noncollinear points there is exactly one plane containing them.
- Postulate 3: If two points lie in a plane, then the line containing those points lies in the plane.
Lesson 2: Angle Relationships
- Vocabulary: Adjacent Angles, Linear Pair, Complementary Angles, Supplementary Angles and Vertical Angles
- Prove Vertical angles! An easy proof to demonstrate the use of linear pairs as well as an introduction to the transitive property or substitution property.
- Typical Problems and quiz.
Lesson 3: Geometric Reasoning
- Conditional Statements, converse, inverse and contrapositive.
- There are many real life examples of conditional statements available.
- Logically equivalent statements.
- Quiz: http://www.regentsprep.org/Regents/math/geometry/GP2/PracRC.htm
Lesson 4: Parrallel Lines and Transversals
Lesson 5: Triangles
- Prove Triangle Sum Theorem
- Area of triangles
- Pythagorean Theorem
- Special Right triangles
Lesson 6: Triangle Congruence
- Go over the theorems SSS, SAS, ASA, AAS and HL.
Lesson 7: Introduction to regular Polygons
- Warm Up: Special Right triangles
- Tutor facilitates the creation of the sum of interior angles formula.
- Facilitates the production of the formula for the measurement of one angle.
- Find the Area of Regular Polygons.
Lesson 8: Circles
- Vocabulary: Arcs, Chords, Tangents, Points of Tangency, Inscribed Angles
- Angle Relationships in Circles
- Segment Relationships in Circles